Guadalajara Daze & a Latin Fever


 







Hi! Alexz from Bird Trouble. I'm excited for Jaz and I to share adventure posts with our readers. We both have adventurous spirits that love to travel and I'm hoping these posts will feed other like-spirits, or inspire others to get out and see the world.

I'm coming to you from Guadalajara, Mexico. It's the second largest city in this country and the largest city of the state of Jalisco. Wikipedia tells me that there is a population of 1,564,514 people here. It's definitely more relaxing than home, being that Chicago has 2.7 million residents. No wonder I feel a lot more chill here.

Guadalajara gets me and my artistic side. I am constantly mentally documenting color combinations and shapes that I see on my walks and am generally happy because the weather is pretty damn every day here. I am calmed by the visuals of my new surrounding neighborhoods. I get colors, weird looking plants, being architecture, and sun that I need to not be cranky. It's also introduced me to a rather sensuous vibe through the people I've met here. A rather... latin fever!

I am grateful to have met such amazing and inspiring people who are currently all revolting against their society's book. In their own way, they're doing whatever they want to do and they're enjoying their life to the fullest doing it. Through them, I have been inspired to slow down... which is such a great feeling to the normal: omgomgogmoghurryhurryhuryrryhurryrrrrryyy me. I even feel like I am becoming a more kinder person as I feel the stubborn and stand-offish Chicagoan in me fade away... and I've become more patient.

I'm lucky to have had trips with my mom and dad here when I was younger. Growing up, I felt that I was cooped up in a suburb with a "cookie cutter" feeling, but not as intense as the kind they portray in the TV show: Weeds. I remember being so engulfed and anxious for every experience my family gave me to travel around. I believe those experiences and how I took them to heart are at the exact core of where my adventurous and ramblin' spirit comes from, and yep even that part of me that gets easily bored.

Here are a few shots of places that I've been recently, that I've liked, and that I wanted to place onto the internet where the memories could last forever. I hope you enjoy them and I hope to see you over at Jaz's California Adventures on the Bird Trouble blog 
 xo





















No comments:

Post a Comment