Inspiration Station : Marina Abramovic



I have created since before I can remember.
I love creating no matter what the canvas.
If I have no sharpie, let me play your guitar.
If I can't sing, let me tell you a joke.
I'll play the spoons at dinner and eat my food in an order of importance (based on color and size).
I love making and sharing.
Turning all my dreams into reality.
Then I realize..there is way to much "I" in this process.
WHOA, EGO!
PAUSE.
THEN...
 I ground back down and do something bigger !
I do something fearless.
I climb that mountain, jump out of that plane, paint the world on a rainy day.
 Create something more than my endless moments of making whatever I can and leaving my mark on anything and everything.
Instead, I go SOMEWHERE and not everywhere and that feels so good.
Intentional.

Marina lives this.
She is bigger and better with each project.
She is fearless and bound by nothing.
Her performance art is a huge inspiration to me!
Enjoy!





In the early 70's this Serbian artist started making a name for herself in the performance art world!
We can thank the 60's for this movement taking off but still Marina is called the "Grandmother of performance art".


and like every artist...
she knew
LOVE


Marina & Ulay



Romance always wins in my book.

In Marina's manifesto she says an artist should try their best to never fall in love with another artist.
I'm sure all you fellow artists out there can understand this.
Great love ain't always easy.


Marina & Ulay performed together, were lovers, and traveling companions since the 70's.
The parted ways in '88 with my favorite of their performance pieces.
"The Lovers"
They met in the middle of the Great Wall Of China to say goodbye.






Til this day she is challenging people emotionally.
She challenges herself the same way and more.
Exhaustion, physical pain, and emotional pain have been apart of work work since the beginning.
Her ability to be so clear and vulnerable sends tingles down my spine.
She is true genius,





Check out the documentary
TheArtist IsPresent




weLOVEMarina
ToTheMoonAndBack
xoxo
Jaz











1 comment:

  1. i've been wanting to learn more about marina and you just gave me the little kick to study her a little more this week. i hope i can find somewhere online to watch that documentary!

    "I ground back down and do something bigger ! I do something fearless." love you. love this.

    ReplyDelete