INSPIRATION STATION : DOTS FOR DAYS AND DAZE w/ YAYOI KUSAMA

 One day I was looking at the red flower patterns of the tablecloth on a table, and when I looked up I saw the same pattern covering the ceiling, the windows and the walls, and finally all over the room, my body and the universe. I felt as if I had begun to self-obliterate, to revolve in the infinity of endless time and the absoluteness of space, and be reduced to nothingness. As I realized it was actually happening and not just in my imagination, I was frightened. I knew I had to run away lest I should be deprived of my life by the spell of the red flowers. I ran desperately up the stairs. The steps below me began to fall apart and I fell down the stairs straining my ankle.
- Yayoi Kusama


Well, here we have it.
This inspiration in fashion, art, life and love is Yayoi Kusama.
Though we have never met and currently may seem worlds apart...
 I believe Yayoi is my spirit grandma.
 Perhaps, my spirit animal.
She's my current everything.

Yayoi Kusama is taking the art world by storm and she has been for years!
This artist and writer was born in Japan (1929)  and moved to the states in 1957.

These installations blow my mind!


Infinity Mirrored Room 


Dots Obsession-Love


My favorite installation is the "Obliteration Room".
This room started completely white.
ALL WHITE.
Two weeks, children and thousands of stickers later...









GENIUS.
Is it not?!
Genius!



AND
as if paintings, installations, poetry, and film isn't enough...
she has made her way in the fashion world too!
Kusama launched her line with Louis Vuitton in 2012.
Way to go, Marc Jacobs!
Good call!






This collection is so fun and playful!
Bags! Coats! Dresses! Dots! Dots! Dots!
Dots for days and daze!
How amazing is that!?
Seriously, my brain can't figure out how I'm not the one who created this line.

If you are into Yayoi and would like to learn more


iLOVEyayoi
ToTheMoonAndBack
xoxoxoxo
Jaz




No comments:

Post a Comment