Bedroom Invasions: She Goes Around the World La La La La La

Being home in Chicago is always a blast! Getting to share a piece of the experience with you all through ThisSideOfTheMoon is so much fun for me.

This week we invaded the room of one of my closest friends.
Elana is a painter, a musician and a collector of the arts!
She is also one of the best friends anyone could ever dream up. A pretty rad chick.

There is a quote that comes to mind when thinking of her design style ...
"The more the art dominated my life and my house, the more the house became a home."

- Burt Reynolds

I don't know how that quote is even in my memory bank.
The internet is a weird place.

Now. Back to Elana.
It's very special to experience the way she makes her room feel like the road, your favorite vintage store, a gallery curated to showcase the work of the people she loves most , or Ariel's cavern of trinkets.  
Most of her pieces are collected from years of traveling and time spent living in Oregon by way of Chicago.

Here we go...
time to invade!


Note the Rubber Soul poster. Key Items*


Note the Hedwig poster. She is OBSESSED.
Who isn't?!
ThisSideOfTheMoon loves Hedwig.
If you haven't seen it you should change that immediately.
(after this post of course!!!!!)





Getting sacred with her minimal alter.
Good job!
Skulls and sage, baby.
Skulls and sage.



This "not so alter" of  perfumes makes me jealous and want to smell all kinds of awesome.
Perfumes and crystals, baby.
Perfumes and crystals.



Note the Dames -A- Dozen peeking out.
Check out everything they do and are doing HERE .


I JUST LOVE ELEPHANTS!!!
HI, ELEPHANT!!


OOOHHHH AND HERE'S ELANA!!!
HI , ELANA!


I think I see Robert Smith....


We all know my obsession with sun glasses.
Give me theseeeeee.
AMURRICA.
( she found these on the street. GROUND SCORE FOR REAL)




GAHHHHHHHH!
Jewlery.
THE CLOSET.
Now we're invading.




This umbrella is from Arcata, California.
I think it dates back to the Shang Dynasty.



Don't hide, clothes.
We love you!


Here is Elana's fav thrift find of the month.
I agree!
Yum!
Leather and suede AND fringe!!!



I see those band shirts hiding!


Thrifting is definitely a must but Elana can always look to Chicago's very own
FullBreach77 for some must have t-shirts and more!!
Check them out!


I am very grateful to be a part of the art she keeps close to her!













IT WAS ROBERT SMITH!


1) What item is essential to any good bedroom?
A comfortable clean sleeping space

2)How often do you rearrange your bedroom?
All of the time! At least a few times a year! I think it helps keep my energized and not get stuck in the same routine.

3)What most inspires your bedroom style?
All of the things I have collected traveling and just over the years. Sometimes one item will inspire me to look for other ones that compliment it.

4)What is your favorite part of your bedroom?
Besides my bed, which is obvious,  I love my dresser! It is quirky and orange and holds strange, quirky things.

5)What's your favorite thing to do in your bedroom?
Besides lay in bed with my cats, I like to meditate in my bedroom!

6)Describe your bedroom in one word
multifarious 

7)What is your bedroom's theme song?
Oh! You Pretty Things! by David Bowie


8)What upcoming bedroom projects do you have planned?
I plan on either painting a giant piece on my blank wall, or continuing to fill it with unusual art. 


Thank you for letting us invade your room Elana!
It was a pleasure!

Until next time!

iLOVEyou
ToTheMoonAndBack
xoxox
Jaz














1 comment: