BedroomInvasion:PracticalMagic

Miranda Wendorf

Its Thursday again!
That means we are invading more bedrooms.
Miranda is one of my favorite witchy women! 
She has a fun 90's style but her taste in pieces is so intentional and classic!
^^Note: STEVIE KNICKS record! ^^




So cool! This is a vintage piece she has that I adore!
Its for picnics!
Mega precious!





Then came the jewelry!


 ummmmm.... YES PLEASE!

This rug was so awesome! 
Vintage!
 It was her grandmothers!









But then... I got to go through her photos!
This was my favorite part by far!
True gems!







 WE ASKED MIRANDA!
1) What item is essential to any good bedroom?
For me that would just be the personal items that I hold dear to me. I could never live in a space that was empty or devoid of photographs, postcards, artwork, books, and so on. I even display my jewelry and clothes around my room because they often hold very sentimental value for me. I want to be able to look at them every day and enjoy their beauty when I'm not wearing them. They bring light and joy to my bedroom.
2)How often do you rearrange your bedroom?
Not very often actually. Maybe I move the furniture around every six months or so. However, I have lived in a number of different rooms in the past three years or so, so each space is done up slightly differently. 
3)What most inspires your bedroom style? 

I look at a lot of photographs, interior design, fashion photos, streetstyle, everything. I take a lot of inspiration from that and then interpret whatever I'm looking at through my own filter. I like organized clutter. I enjoy the idea of minimalism but I don't think I could ever pull it off. I'm kind of a pack rat in a lot of ways. I never throw away letters or birthday cards, even movie ticket stubs. I like to display special things like that in some way. Ideally I would have a lot of counter top space to display all my knicknacks and photos. I also like to mix and match a lot. None of my furniture matches really. I could never live in a room of all Ikea furniture. I found most of my furniture at thrift shops and vintage stores. I like the notion of combining different eras and styles together, a giant mishmash of styles. That's my approach to everything I do aesthetically. 
4)What is your favorite part of your bedroom?
Its a small space but I really love the antique vanity I just bought. I found it at a thrift store and its beautiful and old and the mirror is kind of wonky, but I love that. It looks like it has seen some things already. I also love my little velveteen pink reading chair. I rarely sit in it, its mainly where I throw all my clothes at the end of the night, or where my cat takes naps, but it reminds me of a chair my grandparents had in their house so it makes me happy. 
5)What's your favorite thing to do in your bedroom?
If I'm being honest I'm usually on my computer, watching tv or browsing the internet. Former roommates can attest to that. But I also like to read, sketch designs for future jewelry projects/photo projects, and write. And if I'm being really really honest I spend a fair amount of time drinking gin & tonics in the evening and having mini one woman dance parties before meeting up with my friends at night. 
6)Describe your bedroom in one word
"distinct"
7)What is your bedroom's theme song?
"Raconte-Moi Une Histoire"-M83 
Its light and funny and weird and makes me want to dance. Plus I went through a phase not long ago where I listened to this song every morning. Its a good wake-up song.


8)What upcoming bedroom projects do you have planned?
Maybe move some things around. I would like to add some more images to the wall, frame some special important photographs. I'd like to pull some of the family photos out of boxes so I can look at them more. I also have this torn up fur coat that hangs over the back of my chair that I hoped to turn into pillows. I just want to make it feel even more like home.

Follow Miranda!


 iLOVEyou
ToTheMoonAndBack
xoxo
Jaz




No comments:

Post a Comment