MusicMonday w/ JmmyOH : Elton Motello


Music Monday is back!!




Power Pop/Punk band originally from england in the 70s, first album
came out in 78.  The frontman Alan Ward earlier band, Bastard, broke
up in 75 cause one dude went to play in The Damned and another dude
joined London SS(pre Clash Joe Strummer band).
  The songs are so fun
and the lyrics are real honest.
  Let's be real... saxophone solos are
always tight,
 so they got that goin for them.  
BUT
then some french
band Lacomblez straight stole the song Jet Boy Jet Girl and then if
that aint enough, the drummer recorded and started playing the songs
under a different name Plastic Betrand, an somehow won in court.  
Nuts right !? 



Alan Ward has this to say after the dust settled:



" We have all been ripped off at some point in our lives but
judging by the emails I receive my lyric has touched many more people
and seems to ring a chord in many more hearts than the French one will
ever do. That's why I wrote it. If I was meant to be rich it would
have happened. But I am rich in the knowledge that my thoughts will
never disappear"






I love that he is just psyched people like his music.  Thats why you
make music, for people to hear it and hopefully inspire them.  Go get
some beer and listen to elton motello for a bit.


weLOVEeltonmotello
ToTheMoonAndBack

jmmyOH

No comments:

Post a Comment